James DeCamp Photography has been honored to be a proud sponsor of the Komen Race for the Cure® in Columbus, Ohio since 2010 and a sponsor of the Athens Komen Race for the Cure® since its inception in 2015.
We are sponsors to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
By sponsoring we are investing in the lives of the people closest to us — the people of our community — our families, colleagues, neighbors and friends.
In 2013-2014,the Susan G. Komen Columbus® Afilliate invested more than $1,000,000 into the Central Ohio area community by awarding grants in a 30 county area to provide free breast cancer resources and funding breast cancer research. Through their community grants program, the following has been achieved:
Susan G. Komen Columbus® continues to fund one of Ohio’s largest program of free breast cancer treatments, services and support. Susan G. Komen Columbus® has played a critical role in every major advancement in the fight against breast cancer since 1993. They have transformed how the world talks about and addresses this disease, helping turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors. As the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network of survivors and activists, they work to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with decision makers and community leaders.
They have made major progress over the years, but there is still more work to be done.
Local sponsorship is critical to our being able to support local breast cancer programs and national research grants. Sponsor gifts help underwrite Race expenses and, along with entry fees and donations from Race participants, go directly toward funding breast cancer services and research.
Susan G. Komen Columbus® began in 1993 by a group of motivated and hardworking volunteers. That same passion, carried on throughout the years by thousands of volunteers and dedicated board and staff members, has sustained Komen Columbus and enabled us to raise more than $27 million; $16 million of that has been granted to support local programs, $280,000 in targeted small grants, and $5 million has supported global research.
Through events like the Komen Columbus Race for the Cure®, Komen Columbus invests 75 percent of its net income to support vital local breast health services in our 30-county service area, and dedicates the remaining net income – 25 percent – to national research to find the cures.